Ever wanted a special stay for that long-awaited work recharge or a weekend getaway to celebrate loved ones? If you’re not sure where to start searching, Airbnb’s new Categories search tool is set to change that with the launch of 56 new categories.
Travelers are now able to discover and explore the most unique spaces all over the world — including Campers, Treehouses, A-frames, and Domes. To get you started, Airbnb has rounded up some of Filipinos’ most wishlisted unique stays on the platform.
For those thinking about moving into a van and traveling the world, why not get a taste of #vanlife first with these beautiful trailers:
- Jeepney Camper in Rizal: This cozy jeepney-turned-camper promises to provide a truly Pinoy #vanlife experience. Nestled in the lush rainforests of Sierra Madre, the stay comes with a campfire pit and a pool so guests can enjoy the outdoors.
- Vintage Airstream Suite in Batangas: The very first Airstream accommodation in the country, this vintage 25-foot footer camper offers a living area with a couch, dining area, kitchenette, and a bedroom with a queen-sized bed. Even if you are not a fan of tiny houses, it is easy to fall in love with this trailer’s rustic charm.
Go off-grid with these glorious homes perched high on the treetops:
- Treehouse by the Ocean in Batangas: In this vibrant and proudly local hut located in sunny Calatagan, guests can enjoy a private pool, coral reef beach, and starry night skies perfect for stargazing. It’s also near Cape Santiago Lighthouse for a quick historical trip.
- Treehouse de Valentine in Cebu: Unconventional for all the right reasons, this treehouse is the perfect nest away from the busy Queen City of the South. Guests will find it hard to pick their favorite feature of this treehouse villa – the wooden hot tub, patios overlooking the rainforest, or charming rustic decor.
Whether oceanside, lakeside, or mountainside, these vacation homes are as fun as they are cozy:
- Mango Nest Hut in Zambales: Planning a glamping trip for two? Located just fifteen minutes from Subic’s waterfalls and beaches, Mango Nest is a 12sq m tiny hut located in a garden. Outside, you can enjoy a picnic and say hello to the Host’s friendly poodles wandering about the garden.
- Alhibé Farm Exclusive Homestay in Cebu: Check out Alhibé Farm, a boutique mountainside homestay complete with its own nipa hut and swimming pool with water from the nearby springs. A bantawan (covered bamboo deck) for private events and movie night experiences inside the mini forest is a bonus point.
Rejuvenating Beach Homes
These homes are the perfect rejuvenating getaway, where you can listen to the waves crashing against the sand in the morning and lull yourself to sleep with the sound of the sea every night:
- Anilao Beach House in Batangas: This oceanfront glasshouse in Anilao comes with a reef at your doorstep, making it the perfect spot for avid divers. You can also rent diving gear, jet skis, and windsurfing equipment for an ultimate adrenaline-packed weekend.
- Floral Island in Palawan: With its great food, incredible snorkeling spots, and warm hospitality, Floral Island is undeniably one of the best private islands in Palawan. Each booking includes access to six villas, a private restaurant, beachside bonfire, and massage hut; plus exciting activities like kayaking, island hopping, and even coral reef planting.
Experience the wilderness in these geodesic domes, perfect for long nights of stargazing:
- Domescape in Batangas: Located in Nasugbu, Domescape features six tastefully styled domes surrounded by lush greenery and natural pools, letting nature-lovers experience the great outdoors without compromising comfort. Each dome comes furnished with comfy beds, an air-conditioner, and a mini-fridge.
- Dome Mufli King in Laguna: Situated in a glamping site that looks straight out of a sci-fi film, Dome Mufli King is fully run on solar power. Bookings are inclusive of a home-cooked breakfast and free use of kayaks, floaters, and fishing poles, which you can enjoy in the waters of Lumot Lake.