It’s that time of the year again when social media are filled with Wrapped results! Today, Spotify unveils its 2022 Wrapped campaign with a personalized experience for listeners around the world. Wrapped unveils how 456 million Spotify users listened to the audio in their own unique way this year. Starting today, eligible users can also access their personalized 2022 Wrapped experience exclusively in their updated Spotify mobile app (iOS and Android).
Spotify takes Wrapped 2022 beyond just top artists, genres, songs, podcasts and minutes listened. As this year is about self-expression and play, Spotify also improves data-driven stories and editorially-curated playlists. Here are the exciting features and updates to look out for from Wrapped 2022:
- Your Listening Personality is a new feature that not only tells you about the music you listen to but what that says about your music taste. Fans will learn which of 16 different Spotify-created Listening Personality types they are, based on their 2022 listening trends.
- Additionally, there’s also Audio Day, an interactive story that gives you a peek into how your music taste evolves throughout the day. From the sun rising to the time when night descends, take a look at how you seize the day and embrace the night.
- This year, Spotify expanded to include messages from more than 40,000 artists like Taylor Swift, Billie Eilish, J Balvin, Måneskin, and more. With Your Artist Messages, eligible fans will get a personalized video feed with thank you messages from some of their top artists in 2022, with each video followed up by your most-listened song from that artist this year.
- Share more! Fans can now share their Wrapped cards on Instagram and Facebook, along with custom Wrapped-themed GIFs.
- Spotify Camp Nou Takeover: As a part of the first-of-its-kind partnership between Spotify and FC Barcelona, fans can also find 2022 Wrapped videos on social from some of their favorite players, including Robert Lewandowski, Alexia Putellas, Pedri, and Ansu Fati.
- Taking Wrapped into Roblox: To celebrate Wrapped and the artists that soundtracked the year, we’ll be taking over the Spotify Island mainland with Wrapped-inspired quests, games, virtual merch, and photo booth opportunities with 12 different artists including: Bizarrap, Black Sherif, CRO, Doechii, Eslabon Armado, Miranda Lambert, NIKI, Stray Kids, SUNMI and Tove Lo.
- Spotify is also bringing Wrapped Playground to the Philippines: Between 10-11 December, Filipinos are invited to come to play at SM Mall of Asia (MoA). Experience different exciting activities and catch none other than BINI and BGYO!
Together with these personalized features, Spotify also announces the top artists, albums, songs, playlists, and podcasts that showcase the vibrant kaleidoscope of millions of listeners around the world. Closer to home, Filipinos are taking their Wrapped results local.
Outranking global hits, NOBITA’s Ikaw Lang is the most streamed track in the Philippines, followed by Arthur Nery’s Pagsamo (#2), Adie’s Paraluman (#3), Zack Tabudlo’s Pano (#4) and Arthur Nery’s Isa lang (#5). Listeners are feeling all the hugot this year, where Pinoy love songs take center stage, even beating out Troye Sivan’s Angel Baby (#6) and Justin Bieber’s Ghost (#11).
Clinching five out of the top ten spots in this year’s Top Artists are Pinoys, and breaking through the list is Zack Tabudlo, who secured the #3 spot and emerged as this year’s Top Local Artist. Pulling listeners into his own cinematic universe, Tabudlo’s cathartic “Episode” album is also the second most streamed album in the country. Ben&Ben proved themselves to be a mainstay among the local favorites as they maintained their fourth place from 2021 and kept a spot in the top list for the fourth consecutive year.
Meanwhile, Spotify’s RADAR program, an initiative to support emerging artists, has enabled new local artists and tracks to be added to the daily soundtrack of Filipinos’ lives. Other emerging artists like P-Pop groups, BGYO and BINI, are among the Top RADAR Philippines Artists, alongside Adie.
For the podcast category, it has been another stellar year as Spotify continued to launch Exclusive and Original content with a slate of Filipino podcasting talent. Pinoy creators reign in this year’s Top Podcasts. Intimate sharing of life stories and advice are a hit amongst Filipinos with Barangay Love Stories, Spotify Exclusive skypodcast, Dear MOR: The Podcast, and Spotify Original Hugot Marcelo taking up the top four spots. Comedic conversations also resonate amongst locals with Spotify Exclusive Punchline with Alex Calleja taking up the fifth spot.
A snapshot of the “Wrapped” 2022 Top Philippines and Global results can be found below. For more information, visit For The Record.
Spotify 2022 Wrapped Philippines Top Lists
Philippines Top Artists
Philippines Top Female Artists
Philippines Top Male Artists
Philippines Top Groups
Philippines Top Albums
- Proof, BTS
- Episode, Zack Tabudlo
- Red (Taylor’s Version), Taylor Swift
- SOUR, Olivia Rodrigo
- Midnights, Taylor Swift
Philippines Top Tracks
Philippines Top Local Artist
Philippines Top Local Tracks
Philippines Top Spotify Playlists
Philippines Top Podcasts
Philippines Top Podcast Genres
- Love & Relationships
- Pop Culture
- Horror & Paranormal
Spotify 2022 Wrapped Global Top Lists
Most-Streamed Artists Globally
Most-Streamed Songs Globally
- “As It Was” by Harry Styles
- “Heat Waves” by Glass Animals
- “STAY (with Justin Bieber)” by The Kid LAROI
- “Me Porto Bonito” by Bad Bunny feat. Chencho Corleone
- “Tití Me Preguntó” by Bad Bunny
Most-Streamed Albums Globally
- Un Verano Sin Ti, Bad Bunny
- Harry’s House, Harry Styles
- SOUR, Olivia Rodrigo
- =, Ed Sheeran
- Planet Her, Doja Cat
Most Popular Podcasts Globally
- The Joe Rogan Experience
- Call Her Daddy
- Anything Goes with Emma Chamberlain
- Caso 63 (All Languages)
- Crime Junkie
Most Viral Artists Globally
Most Shared Lyrics Globally
- “Heat Waves” by Glass Animals
- “Heather” by Conan Gray
- “I Love You So” by The Walters
- “Summertime Sadness” by Lana Del Rey
- “Somewhere Only We Know” by Keane